Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Days 7 and 8

Yep... forgot again. In my defense, I had a heck of a day with Ali yesterday. She was FULL of attitude. Temper tantrums and all. Here is a photo of my little troublemaker today. After she got into her dress-up box. Nice, huh?

And now on to today...

Here is a lesson I have learned - do NOT try to de-string a store-bought, pre-lit Christmas tree. The lights on Eric and Ben's tree were not working (well, a few were - who knows?), so I bought a new strand. Tonight I decided at 6:50 that I would take the 10 minutes or so before 7:00 (when we start getting the kids ready for bed) to pull the old lights off and put the new on. Yeah. Right. Did you know those buggers are attached at EACH BRANCH with little zip ties and anchors like you find on bread loaves? 50 minutes later, after lots of cutting and talking under my breath, the deed was done. I will admit it looks alot better now, anyway, because I was able to re-shape the tree. What a pain, though.


Lucky for me, Eric is continuing his helpfulness phase (I hope it lasts for-ever!). He put Ben's nighttime diaper on (and his PJs), supervised teeth brushing for all 3, and cleaned Ali's room while I dealt with the tree. Love that kid. Such a big brother.

Ben, too, showed his big brother wisdom today. We were at lunch and Ali was in and out of her seat, thus spilling her mac 'n cheese onto the floor. I told her she needs to sit still when she eats, and Ben chimed in with, "We really have to teach her the rules of this house. It will probably take. all. day." That is an understatement, buddy.

Off to go wrap presents. ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a colorful life you lead. We laughed out loud at this entry. Ali is quite a fashionista and Ben quite the sage big brother. And Eric is a peach, that's for sure.
Can't wait to see them all.

Love,
Mom/Nana

Anonymous said...

Great, fun entry! Thanks! Looking forward to Christmas and seeing everyone.
Love to all,
Judy