Saturday, December 19, 2009

Day 19

Snow. Lots of it. So much, in fact, that church is cancelled for tomorrow. You KNOW it's bad when that happens.

First a couple pics - off the front porch

My little helper (yes, he's not wearing gloves - don't call protective services on me - he went in right after this!)


Snow boy.
I woke up and thought, well... it really is pretty. About 20 seconds later, I thought... but I have to get rid of it. So, I spent some time this morning shoveling paths and the driveway (which is NO fun when you have a gravel driveway, mind you). It's that wet, heavy snow which is awful to move but great fun to play with.
And the kids loved it. They were in and out and in and out all day today. We went through 6 packets of hot cocoa and about as many loads of laundry in the dryer. Ali did not ask to venture out, and we did not encourage it, but tomorrow I think we will let her give it a try.
Eric had a blast playing with snowballs, sledding, you name it. Ben had fun, too, but his height game his some extra difficulties. At one point, James watched him wipe out in the street on his way back to our house. His feet were in the street and he fell face first into the yard but could not push himself up. James had no shoes on, so I ran out in my t-shirt to rescue the poor kid. Of course, he still did not want to come in, despite his brush with frostbite.
Honestly, I really did not take pictures because it snowed all day, and I figured the stuff is not going anywhere. No sense in risking damage to my camera. Tomorrow is supposed to be pretty outside without precipitation, so I'll get the Nikon out.
Stay tuned to "Trapped in the House With My Family, Part II" coming tomorrow. ;)


No comments: