Friday, December 18, 2009

Day 18

It's beginning to look alot like....

Cleveland!

Yes, we are under tons of snow. Tons. And there is no end in sight.

But let me back up. I woke up this morning feeling a little bit like poor Frosty here... coming undone. I did not sleep well last night, and I know it's from stress about the weather and it's affect on Ben's party.

Given the forecast, we did decide to postpone the party until January 2. Once that decision was made, I actually felt better. At first, Ben was not really willing to accept that folks would have a hard time getting to the party due to snow-covered roads. He just suggested the people fly in planes instead. But, he honestly was not overly upset... I think because he is so darned excited about the prospect of snowmen and snow forts and eating snow. Phew.

I was feeling better by the time I showed up at Bedford Hills armed with cupcakes for Eric's class. The kids played games and had lots of fun. Mrs. Hughes is one party teacher. The woman loves her parties and loves her art projects. Consequently, I love her.

After party time, we came home (school got out early due to the impending weather disaster) and waited. At about 3:30 it started. And it has not stopped.

Now we are just sitting back and watching it accumulate. Lynchburg is pretty much closed. Tomorrow will be a day of snow fun, hot chocolate, and Wii tournaments. I must be mellowing on the snow thing, because that all actually sounds really good.

As long as it's clear by Wednesday, that is. ;)

No comments: