Saturday, September 22, 2007

Magenta, Come Home!



A couple days ago, Eric found a ladybug outside while he was waiting for "carpool" at school. That ladybug came all the way home with us without trying to fly away. Eric decided to put her on his "best climbing tree", but the ladybug did not budge. He decided she wanted to come inside with him. How could I argue? The ladybug did seem attached!

So, we made the ladybug (lovingly named Magenta) a wonderful home in a clear glass bowl, complete with twigs and wet leaves and a swimming pool made made of a soda cap filled with water. A quick google search taught me that you can feed pet ladybugs wet raisins, so we added those too.

Darned if that ladybug did not make it through the night, and then the next.

Sadly, Magenta went missing sometime yesterday. Eric, my sweet-hearted boy, cried big sad tears before bed last night. "We" decided that Magenta might come home if we left her bowl outside, so there it still sits. Hope is a good thing, so I hate to tell Eric that it is just not happening. Besides... she did seem to like him... who knows?


Now a little funny...
A couple minuites ago, Eric and I had this exchange about a little snack that I agreed to let him have. You guessed it - the ever-popular pez.
Mom: Do you want grape or cherry?
Eric: Well, Cherry is not really my territory. Grape would be my preference.
Seriously.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE this blog! Your litte guy sounds like you and your love of insects, Jen. (especially lady bugs)I hope Magenta comes back home.

His vocabulary is something else. His PREFERECE??? How old is this child, really?!

Anonymous said...

Jen,
I love your blogs! Keep them coming. Your sons are something to treasure!
Judy