I know, I know.... it has been a LONG time since I updated this blog.
But now school is back in session and things are getting back to normal. Maybe. Hopefully I can be more diligent with these updates.
Eric just finished his first week of school. On Tuesday (his first day), he ate almost no breakfast, and when I asked him about it, he said he was not hungry because his tummy was nervous about growing up and being a big boy. Turns out school was (and I quote) "much better than I thought it would be." He has had a great week, in fact.
Today, on the way to school, we passed a dog who was roaming around alone. I said something about the dog being on an adventure, and Eric said he thought the dog had probably walked here from Ohio. Then he thought for a moment and added (again, I quote), "You know, if the dog walked here from Ohio and then walked back, that would make him a homing dog." HOMING DOG? Where does this kid get this stuff? He was also perplexed by a house by his school that had 2 chimneys. I told him some houses have more than one, and he said, "I think they are just teasing us. Any anyway, how on earth will Santa know which one to go down"? Oh, the thoughts of a 4-year-old.
Ben is fine, but he is very clingy this week. I think he misses all the attention from Nana and Papa's house. We frequently go through the whole list.... "where's papa? Nana? Juju? Gaga? Mia?" Poor kid.
Ok, here is a photo of my kid on the first day of school. Doesn't LOOK nervous. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment