Thursday, January 21, 2010

January, thusfar

Here is what we are up to so far in 2010...

Ali - Ali has started potty training, with 2 successful pee pee trips. MAN will that be nice when diapers are a thing of the past. She has been asking for pigtails, and loves to shake her head and feel them fly out. She has taken to being 2 very well, and "myself" is her favorite word these days.

Ben - I learned at my first parent/teacher conference for Ben that he is "the leader" of the class. Apparently, all the kids follow his lead (and he is not leading them astray, thank goodness!), and his two girlfriends spend their days jockeying to get his attention. Apparently, they surreptitiously move their names on the name board so that they can have their name next to his. Hi-larious. He is full of questions that I have NO idea how to answer. Example: "Mom, what if a vampire had lava in his mouth and he swallowed it? What would happen?" Huh? Speaking of lava, the kid is currently fascinated with volcanoes, lava, and knights.

Eric - Eric decided to give all the money in his piggy bank to his school for Haiti fundraising. Awww..... (unlike his brother, who was manhandled by Eric into charitable giving). Since the first of the year, he has said he wanted to play basketball at the Y, take karate lessons, and play Spring soccer. So far, we are signed up for none of it, but I'm guessing soccer will win out.

Jennifer - I am going back to work! Legal Aid needs me to fill in for an intake paralegal who is on medical leave for 2 months. I will work Monday and Tuesday afternoons (a sitter for the kids) and all day Friday. Really looking forward to getting out and making some dinero to pay for our NEW ROOF! Blech.

James - James, I think, is counting the days until dudefest. He's doing his thing at H.T. and being his usual sweet self. He got a new cell phone, so he is a happy boy. It has a keypad for texting... I think it also flies planes, but I'm not sure.

That's all for now, folks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. You are a busy family and it's always great when you take some time out of that busy schdule to "catch us up."

Love, Mom/Nana

Anonymous said...

Love hearing from you again! Tell Eric I'm proud of him and his generousity.
Love--Judy