Saturday, December 05, 2009

S.N.O.W.

Yuck. We awoke to the white stuff falling this morning. The forecast called for a rain/snow mix all day, turning to snow this afternoon. Accumulations were expected from 1-4 inches, depending on elevation. I am happy to say that there was NO accumulation around our parts. The kids sure did enjoy being outside for awhile catching snowflakes, but no snow angels, much to Ben's disappointment. (In case you are wondering, the pump in Eric's hands was a tool to blow the snow away from his face, he said.)

Ali got in on the act, too. This is her saying "ooo!" after touching the cold ground. I know she is wearing a pink hat, fuschia coat, and red scarf... don't judge me. ;)

The upside of the stinky weather was that it was a perfect day for putting up trees. The boys got their tree up and decorated in about 5 minutes flat. Actually, I'm not sure how much Eric let Ben do. There is basically not an inch of green showing on that thing. Anything that physically could be hung was hung.

Tonight, the lights go on the "big" tree. You'll see why the quotes once I get some pictures of it posted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm happy to see that SOMEONE enjoys the snow. None here yet! :)
Can't wait to see your tree. The kids' looks very decorated.

Blessings on this December Sunday.

Love,
Nana