Saturday, April 25, 2009

Spring has sprung

The dogwoods are in full bloom! I just love Spring in Virginia. Dogwoods everywhere, including this little beauty in my backyard.

We took advantage of a gorgeous day yesterday to have a picnic at our beloved Peakland Park. Fun was had by all (as you can see):

My sweet little Ali had a great time crawling around in the grass. She is getting so much braver with walking, but I'm afraid the uneven ground of the park was much too much for her little off-balance legs. (Sidenote: she learned to drink from a straw at lunch! Hooray!)

Ben had a good old time swinging on the swings.

Eric, of course, had to turn swinging into a high-danger sport. Yes - he landed on his tush, but was a-ok.


Ali had to take her turn on the little swings too.

This is how kids ought to be... barefoot and making up silly games at the park. I'd install one of these tubes in the backyard if I thought it would coax them away without argument from the almighty boob tube.


Today is supposed to be almost 90 degrees (Wait! Don't leave us yet, Spring!), and we have a b-day party at the park today, so I must go and grab my sunscreen. Happy Saturday, all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great photos! Erie had sun and
80's this weekend also!
Love--Judy