Saturday, April 04, 2009

Busted...

Yes, we had a sitter today. James and I went to a wedding and broke down and got a babysitter. This is the scene I found at our computer when we got home. 4 juice boxes.... 4 bags of gummies. Mind you, they are allowed ONE juice box per day. Yep.... I know a couple boys who love their new babysitter. ;)
In other news - here is the project James and I tackled Thursday night:


We are re-upholsterers now! This is the beloved chair that was formerly blue and sits in the living room. It was in BAD shape and unfixable. This poor chair has been peed on, cut up with scissors, de-stuffed, and rubbed with a tube of chapstick (Ben's latest addition to the mess). I finally had enough of it and was sadly going to toss it, but James decided he wanted a crack at re-covering it. 2 yards of fabric and a piece of foam and voila! I even sewed pockets on the side. We are pretty darned proud of ourselves.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It appears the boys took advantage of the sitter! The chair is outstanding!
Love, Judy

Anonymous said...

The chair looks great. Now you guys know how to make a few bucks on the side.

First the sitter and now Nana and Papa's house. Life is good for two little boys :)

xo
Nana

casey boyd said...

I am absolutely impressed!! The chair looks fantastic, I have always wanted to take a stab at some reupholstering projects....to chicken:)