Saturday, July 05, 2008

Happy 6 months


Allison Grace is 6 months old today. I just took her photos and this one took my breath away. She is such a sweetheart. At 6 months:

She can roll freely in both directions
She has started solid foods (rice cereal and oatmeal) and is a pro already
She officially no longer minds riding in the car (yippee!)
She is in love with her Daddy
She has 2 teeth on the bottom
She loves playing with her feet
She enjoys sticking her tongue out
She is getting up once in the middle of the night again (not good)
She is still using a pacifier, but usually just at bedtime
Her hair no longer sticks straight up
She is definately pudgy
She has a bit of stranger anxiety when held by someone other than mom/dad
She screams bloody murder when left in a nursery/childcare setting
She is the cutest baby girl around
In other news...
I learned (courtesy of Ben) that if a toddler eats a handful of tums, he will be ok. So says the kind lady at poison control when I called the other day after Ben cracked open a brand new bottle. He says he ate 5, but the kid can't count, so who knows. He also told ne yesterday that he ate the button off of his ladybug stuffed animal, but I have not yet seen the evidence of that, so the jury is still out on that one. Sigh. FYI: poison control numer is 222-1222. I have now committed this to memory.
Eric has developed this kooky thing where he does not want James and I to show affection near him. We were in Target the other night, and I was walking toward James down the main aisle to catch up with him. Eric stood in front of his father and proclaimed (rather loudly) - "There is NO WAY I am going to let you 2 kiss." The 20-something-year-old lady and her boyfriend witnessing this event thought it quite funny. In fact, she said that was the funniest thing she had heard in a long time. I assure you, James and I have NOT been sneaking off to the retail stores to play kissy kissy, so I have no idea what this is about. It is funny, though.
Always an adventure...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She is a very cute girl. I can't believe that she is 6 months old already.

Poison control - speed dial. I'm so sorry.

And watch that kissing stuff!