Yesterday, I decided that the kids were watching too much TV and I was messing on the computer too much, so I declared it a screen-free day for all of us. So, instead of videos and internet we...
Did puzzles
Made a hopscotch pattern on the front porch and played
Played several rounds of I Spy
Played with Ben's Noah's Ark toy
Had snacks
Made homemade green play doh
Went to Sam's club
Did an experiment with dying white flowers
Practiced shooting rubber bands
Read lots of books
Played "garage sale"
Went to Kroger
Made shish kebob dinner (fruit/veggies/meats/cheeses/bread on sticks)
Ate dinner on a blanket in the living room
Made homemade ice cream (EASY and yummy)
Here is what I learned from this little experience:
(1) I like my kids - they are fun to play with
(2) I will not spontaneously implode if I do not check my emails 10 times per day
(3) White flowers DO suck up color if you put them in dyed water
(4) Hopping is no longer my forte
(5) I need more salt if I want to make play doh again
(6) Letting kids put their food on sticks is a great way to get them to eat it
(7) Choosing a day when James is out of town for this little game was not particularly smart
(8) Being entertainment director for the day is exhausting
(9) My poor mom had it hard without VCRs and DVDs and Cable.
(10) It was fun and we will be doing this more often.
spinning
16 years ago

1 comment:
Sounds like a great day with your children!
Judy
Post a Comment