Saturday, May 03, 2008

Please tell me I am going to make it

James has been gone 46 hours.
I am home with 3 children under 5.
Please tell me I am going to make it.

I have done 4 loads of laundry.
I have about 4 more to do.
There are more dirty dishes than I can count.
I have picked up approximately 17465 toys.
Ben threw about 25 books down the basement stairs today.
Please tell me I am going to make it.

I have given baths.
Ben dumped several full glasses of water out of the tub onto the rug.
He was specifically told not to.
Eric tattled that it was happening and when I went in, he was doing it too.
After I put Ben in (footed) jammies, he went back in and danced in the puddle.
Please tell me I am going to make it.

I took 3 kids to a soccer practice last night and a soccer game this morning.
We played outside in the sprinkler.
Ok, that was fun. Until we had to go in for a nap.

This morning I awoke to Eric telling me Ben was squeezing the suntan lotion.
All over the rug.
And hardwoods.
After I took away a toy for doing it, he did it again.
All over a different rug
And different hardwoods.
The REST of the bottle.
Please tell me I am going to make it.

Eric had a pee pee accident.
Ali has napped about 25% of the time she usually does.
Ben is flat out defiant.
I still have a birthday party to take Eric to tonight.
Please tell me I am going to make it.

Sigh.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, WOW! I have to believe that YOU WILL MAKE IT! What a blessing bed time will be tonight!
Love,
Judy

Anonymous said...

Sweetie,

You ARE going to make it and I agree with Judy - bedtime will be a special blessing tonight.

Hang in there, mom, you will make it - with a few more gray hairs and some frazzled nerves.

WHEN will James be home? XO Mom

pastorjulieanderson@gmail.com said...

oh jen. hang in there!
thinking about you-
julie ;)

Anonymous said...

Of course you are going to make! You are a lawyer for gosh sakes, tell the they will be sent to jail if they don't shape up. (just kidding). Do you want me to sent Shayna to suppervise??? (4 would put you over the edge)

Love you,
Frani