Just like the wise Berenstain Bears showed, there IS such a thing as too much birthday.
The party went just fine, and fun was had by all (minus 2 small injuries), but the truth is I think we are ALL glad to move on. We went to dinner after the party and Eric refused to eat anything because he was afraid he was going to "spit up." Honestly, that was probably a good move because:
(1) They had played to the point of sweating, eaten cake and drank 2 juice boxes each, and then played to the point of sweating again. That combination along with Italian food would probably not be good, as was evidenced by...
(2) Ben climbing into bed this morning with a declaration that he "hiccuped" in his bed. Yep, you guessed it... too much birthday. Vomit.
He seems fine now, so I am hoping this is just too much birthday rather than illness.
I have now done part of the extra laundry caused my last night, but that fun will continue well into the day. Aside from vomit clothes, I needed to wash Ben's car seat after he got into a chocolate party favor. Here is what he did to his seat:
and here is what I did to the leftover cake (what a dingbat I am):
Right now, Eric is playing with all his new loot (FYI, little boy 5-year-old toys have LOTS of little parts) and Ben is running around causing mess.
We took lots of photos, so I will get those up in a bit with a slide show. For now, though, I just wanted to give the Berenstain Bears their due. Mama bear is right - there IS such a thing as too much birthday.

No comments:
Post a Comment