Friday, November 16, 2007

This and That

Ok, in no particular order, here is what has been going on here in my neck of the woods...


(1) Maggie will be leaving us on or about December 4th. She has just become way too cranky with the boys, and so the wonderful folks at the local Golden Retriever rescue program have found a new home for her. She will be with a foster family (no kids and the woman is a dog trainer - hooray!) until she is found a permanent placement. We'll be sad to see her go but we feel SO lucky that she will go to a suitable home


(2) I learned that 2 of my 4 numbers from my gestational diabetes test were a little higher than they should. Still waiting to see what my own doc says, (he's on vacation - I'll see him Monday) but another doc thinks I need to see a nutritionist and proceed as if I do have GD. Blech.


(3) Speaking of the baby (who I SWEAR is not yet named)... she is slated to be delivered on January 14th. Hopefully she will not surprise us with a different plan of her own.


(4) Mom and Dad helped me paint the nursery and I am loving it. I will include a photo, but things already look different because we removed the giant bookshelf to the living room and moved the changing table to the wall across from the crib.


(5) Ben is giving me a run for my money. Really willful but equally cute. His new sayings are "No it's not" (as in, no... that is not a sheep, no... the apple is not red, etc etc.) and "I love you, Mommy." Ah, the beauty of an almost 2-year old. Sweet and sour.


(6) Eric is starting to read a little bit. He has been hassling me to teach him so we have been site-reading and sounding out words on cards, like at, cat, bat, sat, etc etc. Of course, after his first "lesson" he was convinced he was a bad reader because he could not sit down and read an encyclopedia (sound like anyone you know?). The second try was better and he was really pleased with his newfound ability. It's fun to watch that kind of pride.


(7) James is at a youth event for the weekend. He received a royalty check for his book today, so that was fun. Won't exactly pay for college quite yet, but watch out J.K. Rowlings. (is that the Harry Potter lady's name?)


(8) My sincere apologies go out to Judy for missing her birthday. No real excuse - I just flat out missed it. I'll call soon - promise!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for keeping us up to date on the Armentrout household.

Benjamin - hang in there - this too will pass.

I can't wait until Eric can read a book to me!

Take care of yourself sweetie

Love,
Mom