Thursday, October 05, 2006

Independence kinda stinks

So, I went in to pick up Eric from school yesterday and instead of doing "carpool" where I just drive up and have Eric delivered to the car, I went in because I also had to pay tuition. I honestly thought that Eric would be psyched to have me come in... a little special something different. WRONG. He told me that he does not want me to do that anymore because he wants to stay outside with his friends and wait for carpool. Sigh. He also said he wants to try "lunchbunch" which is the program where Eric can stay until 2 and have lunch at school with the other kids that stay (for extra cost, of course). Sigh.

Ben is also getting in on the action and is increasingly hard to feed. Sometimes I feel like a 3-ring circus trying to entertain him during meals so I can get the spoon in his mouth. He also figured out how to suck from a sippy cup the other day (well, the ones with soft tops). One more step toward weaning. Sigh.

Of course, independence is good, but it's also kinda stinky. Double sigh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's sad isn't it? You want them to grow up to be independent boys and yet.. they are still your babies. I know just how you feel, dear. I sometimes still long for the days when my girls were little girls and yet I am so proud of the women they have become!!