Sunday, June 25, 2006

My son is a 13-year-old girl in disguise - HELP!


Eric is really a teenage girl... I just know it. And he thinks I am a complete moron.

Exhibit A: Last week James and I taught him how to wash a car - his first time. Eric and I completed mine and then James joined us to wash his Jetta. Eric actually stopped him and told him he was doing it wrong.

Exhibit B: Yesterday, I let him help me paint the laundry room wall downstairs. He worked for a while but was mashing the bristles all up. So, I showed him again how to handle the brush. I was met with an angry "That's NOT how you do it, mommy. Give me my toothbrush (paintbrush)."

Exhibit C: I have been accused TWICE this week of causing him to "leak" on himself (aka have a pee accident). Not sure how that is possible, as I ask him 38752 times per day if he needs to go potty. My fault.

So, let me go ahead and say my apologies to my parents now. I'm sorry I was awful when I was 13. I knew I would be paid back, but I thought I had another decade before I had to worry about that. I imagine it will only be a matter of time before the door slamming begins. At least Ben thinks I'm all-powerful. For now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Apology accepted. I'm just sorry that you have about 10 years more of it than we did. You are getting paid back in a BIG way!

I can't wait until he comes here and tells us what to do about EVERYTHING. I'm sure I will be a moron also!

Anonymous said...

I remember those days well! So many times Grandpa, Grandma or I would look at each other and say, What did we say wrong?" I'm sure your sons will do well by you! We can only hope! Love your blog!
Judy